With 4K, you get 4 times the resolution offered by HD. HDR, on the other hand, provides brighter, detailed vivid colors. With 4K HDR, you get to view true-to-life content that is bright, vivid, and highly detailed.
Dolby Atmos sound system is the best sound system that you can get. It delivers 360 degrees of sound for a cinematic immersive feeling. With sound from the Dolby Atmos system, it will seem you are there where the action is happening.
Dozens of Titles in 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos.
Apple TV 4K comes with 4K HDR content that supports Dolby Atmos. From dramas to comedies, you get to watch high-quality content with immersive sound.
Apple TV 4K comes with support for multi-users. With multi-user, everyone in the family gets to have tailored content that suits them. You can even create an account for kids so that they don’t get to watch adult content.
With Siri’s voice assistant, you no longer need to waste type typing when you want to view content. Simply tell Siri what you want to watch and it will automatically play it.
Size & Weight.
- Box: Height: 1.4 inches (35 mm); Width: 3.9 inches (98 mm); Depth: 3.9 inches (98 mm); Weight: 15 ounces (425 g)
- Controller: Height: 4.88 inches (124 mm); Width: 1.5 inches (38 mm); Depth: 0.25 inch (6.3 mm); Weight: 1.59 ounces (45 g)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- IR transmitter
- Accelerometer and three-axis gyro
- Lightning connector for charging
- Rechargeable battery providing months of battery life on a single charge (with typical daily usage)
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
Ports and Iterfaces.
- HDMI 2.0a
- 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO; simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- IR receiver
- Built‑in power supply
- A10X Fusion chip with 64-bit architecture
- Purchases, rentals, and Home Sharing require an Apple ID that you use for the App Store and other Apple services.
- Requires 802.11 wireless, Ethernet network, or Broadband Internet access
- Requires 4K and HDR TV for 4K and HDR streaming
- Requires acceptance of the software license terms
- Requires HDMI cable (sold separately)
- H.264/HEVC SDR video up to 2160p, 60 fps, Main/Main 10 profile
- HEVC Dolby Vision (Profile 5)/HDR10 (Main 10 profile) up to 2160p
- H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 fps, Simple profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1), E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound), and Dolby Atmos
- HEIF, JPEG, GIF, TIFF
- Apple TV is compatible with HD and UHD TVs with HDMI
- Apple TV is compatible with Bluetooth keyboards
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their Apple TV. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can easily find and enjoy your favorite entertainment.
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Closed Caption and SDH Support
- Audio Descriptions
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control